Monster® BITE Snap-Off Screw System Launches
Paragon 28 is pleased to announce the launch of the Monster BITE Snap-Off Screw System. The Monster BITE Snap-Off Screw System consists of screws and instrumentation designed for use in bone reconstruction, osteotomy, arthrodesis, joint fusion, ligament fixation, fracture repair and fracture fixation, appropriate for the size of the device.
The Monster BITE Snap-Off Screw System is the latest innovation in Paragon 28’s Monster Screw System family. The Monster BITE Snap-Off Screw system includes 22 total implants in 2.0 and 2.7 diameters. The 2.0 screws are offered in two thread lengths (½ and ¾ thread) and are available in lengths from 8-16 mm. The 2.7 screws are offered with one thread length (½ thread) and are available in lengths from 10-24 mm. The Monster BITE Snap-Off Screws are designed to break away from the pin at unique torque values which correspond to each screw diameter, thread length, and screw length. The Monster BITE Snap-Off Screws have a low profile head and pin break away point below the head of the screw to minimize any potential soft tissue irritation. These screws are intended to be inserted under power and have a cancellous thread profile to allow for purchase in varying bone types. Finally, the system includes instrumentation to aid in maintaining positioning of the bone throughout the procedure and to assist insertion and removal of the implant.
- Break-away pin screw head interface unique to each screw length, diameter, and thread type that is designed to break the pin away from the screw as the screw head comes in contact with the near cortex.
- Pin break point positioned below screw head to reduce risk of soft tissue irritation.
- Self-drilling and self-tapping screws eliminating the need to drill a pilot hole.
- Cancellous thread form to facilitate rapid insertion of the screw into bone and provide purchase in poor bone.
- Low profile head designed to minimize prominence and soft tissue irritation.
- Dedicated instrumentation to aid in maintaining position of bone throughout procedure (Weil Clamp) which has size indicator on the ratchet to aid in determining the approximate height of the metatarsal head.
- Instrumentation designed to assist in final seating of the screw by hand and break away of the pin from the screw if necessary.
- Available in three (2.0 mm ½ thread; 2.0 mm ¾ thread; 2.7 mm ½ thread) configurations to address a variety of applications.
- Made from Titanium Alloy Ti 6AI-4V (ASTM F136) for biocompatibility.
For more information, please visit: Monster BITE Snap-Off Screw System